Under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, FEMA is providing financial assistance for COVID-19 related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020.
- The death must have occurred in the United States.
- The death certificate must indicate that the death was attributed to COVID-19.
- The funeral expenses must have been incurred after January 20, 2020.
How to Apply:
- Gather documentation including a certified copy of the death certificate, funeral expense receipts, and proof of any funds for funeral expenses received from other sources such as funeral insurance or any sort of financial assistance.
- Call the COVID-19 Funeral Assistance line at (844) 684-6333 (TTY: 800-462-7585) to complete an application with a FEMA representative (M-F, 9am-9pm EST)